Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana

What is Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana?

Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana (PMAY-G) is a social welfare program by the government of India which will provide low-cost housing to the rural Indian people. It is for BPL families who are houseless or financially weak to afford a house. This scheme is scheduled for completion by the year 2022 just like the  ‘Housing for all’ or the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) scheme.

(PMAY-G) Home Loans

Under the Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana, if you are from a rural area in India, you can get 3% concession on interest rates on housing loans of upto Rs.2 lakh. You can avail this loan either for constructing a new house or for expanding your existing home.

Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana Features

The PMGAY has several prominent features some of which are mentioned below:


Huge Target

The estimated total number of houses to be constructed under this scheme by the year 2022 is around 4 crores.


Huge Expenses

The estimated total expenditure for this scheme is Rs.60,000 crore.


Direct Transfer

The funds allocated under the scheme will be transferred directly to the beneficiaries.

Who will get the benefits

This scheme is beneficial for people living in rural India. These are the people who will get the most benefit from this scheme:


Economically Weaker Section (EWS)

Scheduled Castes (SCs)

Scheduled Tribes (STs)

Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana Eligibility

Understand the eligibility criteria to avail the benefits of Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana.

Check eligibility

Documents Required for PMAYG

  • PMAY-G application form
  • Ethnic group certificate
  • Income proof
  • ID proof (adhaar card, PAN card, Driving licence, Voter ID, etc.)
  • Income certificate (if income is below taxable limit)
  • Address proof
  • Salary slip
  • 6 months bank account statement
  • IT returns
  • Form 16
  • I.T assessment order
  • Financial statement in case of business
  • Plan of construction
  • Certificate claiming the cost of construction
  • Official valuer’s certificate
  • An affidavit stating that you do not possess a pucca house
  • Construction contract with developer or builder
  • NOC from a housing society
  • Letter pointing out the allocation of property